Nine matches were played across different venues on Saturday afternoon to mark the end of 2018 SportPesa Premier League action.

Kariobangi Sharks 0-1 Gor Mahia 

Duke Abuya’s first-half strike was enough for Kariobangi Sharks to edge out Gor Mahia in an entertaining match played at the MISC Kasarani.

Sharks Head Coach believes the team will do better this season and says winning the league is one of their priorities.

“We have had back to back matches and fatigue crept in especially in the second half. Recovery is very important in such scenarios and I believe how we recover is going to determine our performance this season,” He said after the match,

Free bets

“We have done well so far and I believe we will do better than we have done in the past two seasons. Winning the league is, of course, one of our priorities.” He added.

Bandari 1-1 Western Stima

The teams had bantered on social media all week and the action on the pitch did not disappoint either. Wycliffe Ochomo gave the Dockers an early lead but Stima responded swiftly ten minutes later, Junior Mukhisa sending in a beautiful free kick past Bandari custodian Faruk Shikhalo.

Sony Sugar 2-1 Zoo FC

Sony Sugar beat Zoo FC recovered from a goal down to beat visiting Zoo FC 2-1 in a rain-soaked Green Stadium in Awendo.

Kepha Ondati had given Zoo an early lead but goals by Derrick Otanga and Stephen Odhiambo ensured the home team pick the maximum points.

Posta Rangers 1-2 Mathare United 

Mathare United ensured they close the year on top of the log after edging out a hard-fighting Posta Rangers 2-1 in Nakuru.

Kevin Kimani and Cliff Nyakeya scored for Mathare United while Dennis Ongeri scored the consolation goal for Posta Rangers.

Ulinzi Stars 2-2 Sofapaka

Ulinzi Stars and Sofapaka played to an entertaining 2-2 draw in Nakuru. Dennis Odhiambo gave Batoto ba Mungu the lead but Enosh Ochieng grabbed a quick brace in the second half to hand the lead to the soldiers. John Avire powerful header, later on, ensured Sofapaka rescues a point at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru.

KCB FC 1-3 Tusker FC

KCB’s tough start to the season persisted as they lost 3-1 to Tusker FC at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.

Veteran Lloyd Wahome opened the scoring for the Brewers in the 6th minute but Simon Munala levelled matters in the 17th minute. Goals by Sidney Ochieng and Timothy Otieno in the 20th and 76th minute respectively ensured Tusker win comfortably.

AFC Leopards 0-0 Vihiga United

AFC Leopards SC and Vihiga United played to a barren draw in the other match played at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.

Kakamega Homeboyz 1-1 Nzoia Sugar FC

Kakamega Homeboyz and Nzoia also played to a 1-1 draw in a match played at the Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega. Hansel Ochieng gave the visitors the lead at the half-hour mark but Solomon Omunga equalised in the 79th minute.

Chemelil 2-0 Mt Kenya United

Mt Kenya’s bad run persisted as they suffered yet another humiliating defeat in the hands of Chemelil. Felix Oluoch and Musa Oundo scored to ensure Mt Kenya go back to Nairobi empty handed.