Gor Mahia was the biggest winner in midweek SportPesa Premier League matches played across different venues on Wednesday 27th March as they edged Zoo FC 4-0 in Kericho. 

Zoo FC 0-4 Gor Mahia (Green Stadium, Kericho)

Kenneth Muguna opened the scoring in the 18th minute and Dennis Oliech doubled the lead two minutes later. Oliech grabbed his brace with a goal in the 82nd minute and Nicholas Kipkirui doubled the lead with a well-taken goal a few minutes later.

Sofapaka 3-1 Mt Kenya United (Kenyatta Stadium, Machakos)

Stephen Waruru opened the scoring in the third minute of the match, tapping in a Titus Achesa cross past Philip Odhiambo. Mt Kenya, however, dominated the proceedings and deservedly equalised in the 27th minute through Timonah Wanyonyi. A few minutes later Sofapaka coach John Baraza introduced Brian Magonya for the jaded Dennis Odhiambo, the game going into the breather with the teams tied at 1-1.

After the breather, Sofapaka brought in Elli Asiech for new signing Ronald Okoth and they now dominated the proceedings. A quickfire double by Michael Oduor in the 60th and 63rd ensured they pick the maximum points.

Vihiga United 2-2 AFC Leopards (Bukhungu Stadium, Kakamega)

A last-minute equaliser by Amos Kigadi ensured hosts Vihiga United rescue a point from visiting AFC Leopards. AFC Leopards had taken the lead in the 6th minute, Whyvonne Isuza heading in Brian Marita’s cross but Vihiga equalized through Christopher Masinza who scored from the spot in the 32nd minute. Isuza once again put Ingwe ahead with a powerful header just before the break, the assist once again coming from Marita. Kigadi would, however, ensure Ingwe don’t leave with the maximum points as he equalized just before the final whistle.

Bandari 1-2 Kakamega Homeboyz (Mbaraki Sports Club, Mombasa)

In Mombasa, Bandari’s title challenge was dealt with a huge dent as they lost to visiting Kakamega Homeboyz. Shaban Kenga opened the scoring for the home side but the visitors levelled through Festo Omukoto. A late Collins Agade own goal ensured Homeboyz pick the three points.

KCB FC 1-1 Western Stima (Kenyatta Stadium, Machakos) 

Edwin Omondi scored at the death to deny KCB the maximum points at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos. Kennedy Owino had given the bankers an early lead in the first half.

Tusker FC 3-1 Kariobangi Sharks (Ruaraka)

Tusker beat Sharks 3-1 at the Ruaraka Stadium. Timothy Otieno, who captained the brewers in the absence of Ugandan Hashim Sempala, scored a brace with Boniface Muchiri scoring the other. Sharks pulled one back through Sidney Lokale.

Ulinzi Stars 2-1 Sony Sugar FC (Afraha Stadium, Nakuru)

Daniel Waweru opened the scoring for the soldiers in the fifth minute but Enock Agwanda levelled scores in the 58th minute from the spot. Ulinzi grabbed the winner in similar fashion just two minutes later, Enosh Ochieng scoring his tenth of the season after Elvis Nandwa was fouled in the box.

Click here to check the standings